I have the occasional sugar rush and fall into the trap of sweet treats, the small changes we make can save us from unwanted illnesses and dieseases. We all are a work in progress and after all we just human.
Breaking old habits and reaching for the sugar and fizzy drinks is something most of us have done.
The only way we can become more aware of what we put into our awesome bodies, is to help one another and create easy recipies and share ideas on how to choose a healthier option.
You can use a variety of ingredients from mint, Apple, lemon, strawberries, cucumber and mixed berries.
Some facts about high sugar and fizzy drinks:
- They leave you feeling dehydrated and reaching for more.
- They spike your blood sugar levels.
- It’s a multi billion rand industry that thrives on sales, very little concern is on healthy options.
On that note here’s to healthier steps we can take, it’s about the small changes we choose to make on a daily basis.
Cutting down on sugar benefits:
- Healthier looking skin.
- Slows down the ageing process.
- Balanced sugar levels.
- Energy levels increase.
Sugar free ice tea is so easy to make a variety of different ones here’s how:
- 2 tea bags of cranberry and apple, you can also use the junior baby rooibos or natural plain rooibos tea. for a 1 litre jug.
- Fresh fruit handful of blueberries
- 1/2 Granny Smith or red Apple
Boil your water and add it to a metal jug with your tea bags, allow it to cool. This takes a few hours for it to cool.
Once it’s cool, add your blueberries and Apple to your clear glass jug and add the cooled tea.
Best served chilled to be sure to place the ice tea in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.
Let me know if you enjoyed this and would love more of this content.