Adult Bullying is sadly a reality, we have all encountered a Bully, at some point, this article is going to give you insight on how to cope with Bullies.
Adult Bullies lurk in the most obvious of places, they come in the form of Work Acquaintances, social ringleaders, mutual friends.
Bullying comes in various forms:
- Lies or Rumors
- Social / cyber
- Verbal abuse & teasing
How to spot bullies:
- Bullies will find something wrong in everything you do, constantly criticize the way you do things, allow you to feel bad about it.
- They will fabricate lies about you on social media and find any opportunity to drag you down.
- They come across as being supportive, until they show their true manipulative colors eventually.
- They try to isolate you by forming groups where bullies support each other, and they turn on you and think they can gain power over you.
- If things don’t go their way, they will ignore you or cause trouble for you.
- They are extremely manipulative.
- They normally move in groups socially.
How to stand up to Bullies:
- Call them out on there behavior immediately, they are not good with confrontation, if talking to them doesn’t work don’t bother keeping the connection.
- Report their behavior.
- Make others aware of who they are, keep all the social media comments as proof, and ensure to keep all records, in the case of it becoming a legal case.
- Defamation of character is a real crime and you can take the legal route, it’s important to file the evidence.
- Stay away from these small minded people, as they feed off breaking people down, they very negative and always complaining or making fun of others.
Bullies are insecure and enjoy hurting others, to make themselves look good, don’t associate yourself with them, it’s best to cut all ties with these types of people.
Be sure to report and make others aware if you see someone become a victim of bullying, call them out on there behavior.