Johannesburg: Prepare Your Palates for the ‘Fresh’, New Good Food & Wine Show.
Its next stop Johannesburg for the revitalised Good Food & Wine Show which will be bringing a menu bursting with delicious offerings and innovative experiences to the Ticketpro Dome from Friday, 29 to Sunday, 31 July 2016.
“Our aim this year, with revamping the Show’s look and feel, is to provide a more interactive, informative and entertaining offering packed with a profusion of immersive experiences to enjoy and trends to uncover,” says Maria Chieppa, Managing Director of Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa – new owners of the show. “We struck gold with this recipe in Cape Town and will be dishing up more of the same at the Johannesburg show.”
Curator Hannerie Visser, has designed a show that allows visitors to explore and enjoy the latest trends in lifestyle and design, and experience a number of unique sensory experiences associated with good food and wine. What’s more, the Show, in its new format, is a platform at the disposal of the industry. “It’s a space to connect, share and to enjoy one of the best things in the world – food,” says Visser.
The best part for many show goers is the free entry into all but one of the eight themed theatres, enabling more opportunities to interact with local and international chefs the likes of George Calombaris, Siba Mtongana, Sarah Graham, Jenny Morris, Neill Anthony and J’Something. Joining them at the Johannesburg show will be Australian chef, restauranteur, author and judge on The Great Australian Bake Off, Matt Moran as well as private chef, Neill Anthony.
The introduction of eight exciting focus areas to explore ensures that there is something to cater to every palate. These include Wellness; Lifestyle; Wine; Beer & Alcohol; Market & Street Food; Kids; Baking and Gourmet. Under each, audiences get to interact with exhibitors, find out about the latest food trends and take part in entertaining and informative hands-on experiences.
After wowing Cape Town crowds, it’s now Johannesburg’s turn to get a taste of the ‘Fresh’, new Good Food & Wine Show. Tickets will be available from TicketPro and at the door at the following prices:
• Early Bird Special: R126 (10% discount until 26 July. Ticket for one entrance only, valid for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.)
• Adult: R 140 (valid for one entry only on any of the days)
• Senior Citizens over 65 years: R100 (Free on Friday – valid with proof of ID card)
• Student: R100 (Valid only with proof of student card)
• Age 13 – 18: R50
• Age 0-12: Free
• Weekend Pass: R190 incudes entry on Saturday and Sunday only and excludes wine glass and tasting
• Wine Combo Ticket: R170 (Includes general admission entry, wine tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5)
• Wine Glass & Tastings: R50 (Includes tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5) For additional tastings, recharge the card at the wine glass sales desk.
• Chefs Table: 90 – 120 minute session with a chef, maximum 40 people per session, includes Q&A, photos and tastings of food demonstrated and book signing (excludes book)
Chefs Table for George Calombaris and Matt Moran is R800 per person
Chefs Table for Jenny Morris, Siba Mtongana and Sarah Graham is R300 per person
For more information about the Show, please visit www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za and follow Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Good Food & Wine Show in association with SABC3.
I would love to hear from you, follow me on social media.
- Instagram: @loveartbyneeta
- Twitter: @neetaraga
- Fb page: loveartbyneeta