Situated a stone throw away from Sandton City, this newly hotel that opened its doors in November 2020 has everyone talking…
Robots, self check in, an app to guide you for the duration of your stay, from accessing your room to ordering food online, sadly it wasn’t working this weekend, technology also has its downside occasionally, bonus staff were available to assist.
Meet Lucy, all you have to do is touch the screen and ask your questions, Lucy is very responsive.
Ordering dinner was a bit difficult as the dinning area was fully booked for a function, waiting for your meal takes time if you sitting in the pool area, best to book dinner earlier to avoid the crowds.
The automated piano that can play songs to uplift your mood.
Almost every spot in this Hotel is a photo opportunity waiting to happen, from the chandeliers to the bright furniture it certainly feels like stepping into another world, a movie set of moulin rouge, is what comes to mind, the Hotel is an artwork of sorts so many themes of animal printed wallpaper, to mirrors, bright colours and every area has its unique character.
Every hotel has its highlights and lowlights here are some of mine based on my experience.
- The Suite is a bigger room if you are a couple and prefer space, with 2 bathrooms, a small lounge and comfortable bed, with a bathtub.
- The water from the taps are filtered and safe to drink, the first time I have come across tap water being safe to drink from the room.
- Coffee station on every floor.
- Safe secure basement parking.
- High speed WiFi throughout the hotel area.
- Pool is heated.
- The rooms are affordable, if you are able to book a suite it’s more spacious.
- Boardrooms for meetings available.
- The room wasn’t cleaned well, this was really disappointing.
- Service was very slow and the app was down, it took a longer time to navigate.
- Coffee machine in the rooms with no capsules.
- No phone’s available in the room, there is phone one on every floor if you can’t access the app.
- If you looking for a restful getaway this isn’t it, can get very noisy.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this Hotel, have you visited yet?