Self love is seen as various different things, to each of us, what is it really?
Some of us define self love as taking selfies, and those reading this will say I love myself, what is she on about. Read further…
Self love is built up through the ability to love yourself unconditionally, to accept all parts of yourself, your make up isn’t the make up we wear ladies, instead our personality and every aspect of it, from the moody phases, to the reactive sides as well as the loving, gentler parts of us.
When we can truly love all parts of our personality, we can truly say we love ourselves! And no we not bi polar we all have different sides to us, it’s completely normal.
It’s taken me a long time to get to a point where it was comfortable to love all areas of me physically, emotionally and personality wise, each of us is made up of so many intricate complexities, it’s a wonderful feeling to embrace it.
Some tips on how to work on self love:
- Daily affirmations
- Take care of your body, eat healthy
- Nourish your skin, moisturize
- Hydrate, drink plenty of water
- Exercise, this can include gym, walking, running, cycling, tennis the list goes on.
- Take time out for yourself and learn to spend some time in your own company
- Don’t allow anyone to bring you down, self love means stepping into your power and saying no to negative talk.
- Read inspirational books
- Smile and laugh more
Some say with age comes wisdom, life lessons and your attitude to life!